The much-awaited local pro news website GoLocalWorcester is live today.
For years I’ve been pushing the idea that any news source in Worcester that’s contributing 5% of local news is pulling its weight in our digital world. Assuming the T&G is carrying 85% of the burden these days, if you generate a couple hard news articles on Worcester a week that’s in the 5% ballpark.
On opening day, GLW has posted:
- An article on Tim Murray, the casinos bill, and whether there’s a Worcester angle (skimming this article . . . not really?)
- A list of 10 Worcester pizza places
- A short profile of the Young Women’s Professional Association of Worcester
- Teaser for a longer WorcesterScene article about a WAM exhibit
- Rankings of local high schools
- Article on GLW
- A list of some rock clubs
- List of some non-traditional athletic centers
- List of some salons
CMS is ExpressionEngine, best I can tell. (Wow, so much CamelCase in this post.)
Here’s the mobile site. Whole lotta beta going on.