Tuesday, May 7, 2013. Esther Howland Chamber, City Hall. 7:00 P.M. Agenda.
- Slot machines: Many agenda items relating to the proposed slot machine parlor in Worcester. If you are interested in this issue, it might be worth paying attention to the City Council discussion around those items, or making a comment to the Council at this meeting.
- Graham Putnam & Mahoney: Nothing on the agenda regarding the expensive police detail ($30K?) that’s been at this funeral parlor over the weekend, while Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body has been inside. This issue has certainly been on the mind of the Council and they might find a way to discuss it.
- Open Meeting Law: “8q. Nicole Apostola filing an Open Meeting Law Complaint Form.”
- Proposed “rectangular field” at Lake Park: “8r. Frank DiNoia, et al opposing the soccer field at Lake Park.” Several pages of names on this petition; I don’t know what this is about.
- Naming City Hall plaza: “Request City Manager consider recommending the plaza behind City Hall be named ‘Paul V. Mullaney Plaza’ in recognition of Judge Mullaney’s service.” All the Councilors are sponsoring this item.