The City Council meets Tuesday, October 14 at 7 P.M. The agenda is here. Pretty short agenda this week.
- Newly-public streets: People are petitioning for Firglade St. and Davis Way from Lake Ave to #13 David Way to become public streets.
- Low bridge: About 20 trucks have hit the low Cambridge Street railroad bridge so far this year. The Department of Public Works suggests we install a height-clearance curtain to warn trucks.
- Gun violence: There have been some gang-related shootings recently, and the police have responded with a wave of arrests. This week the chief has submitted a report to the Council outlining the shooting and gang problems. 35 people have been shot this year, we have 18 gangs with 700 members. The police make a special note in the report that ShotSpotter and Real Time Crime Center technology has been helpful in resolving these cases.
- Climate Action Plan: An update on our Climate Action Plan is packed with facts. Within 15 months, solar cells on municipal buildings will soon generate 2.2 million KWh/yr, enough power for 500 homes.
- Cable: There may be a discussion of proposals relating to our switching our city cable service from Charter to Comcast.