The City Council meets Tuesday, September 30 at 6 P.M. The agenda is here. The most interesting item this week will probably be the quarterly economic development report. I don’t see a copy online, but I highly recommend you take a look at one of these sometime. You’ll almost certainly find something to fascinate you.
- Wither Lincoln Square?: There will be a presentation on ideas for the hulking, unused buildings in Lincoln Square. “Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) Program presenting an evaluation of the former Worcester County Courthouse, Worcester Memorial Auditorium and the Boys’ Club (Voke A) building, as well as the Highland Street parking lot.”
- City Manager, continued: So Ed Augustus, our current temporary City Manager, will be our next long-term City Manager. The Council will recess into executive session and talk through the details of a new contract for him.
- Forbes Street: A citizen request: “George Haddad request No Parking on Forbes St. from Westminster St. to Lincoln St.”
- Tatnuck Square: There’s been some controversy around proposed changes to Tatnuck Square. This week, the Council will presumably vote in favor of “an order of taking” for this project. The City will take easements from 6 companies’ land by eminent domain, and pay them a total of $11,600.
- Narcan: The Council will vote to accept a state grant to equip our firefighters with the anti-overdose drug Narcan.
- Adapting Former School Builings: The Council will vote in favor of zoning changes to allow former school buildings to be converted to multi-family residences.