Augustus Sworn In
Ed Augustus, who officially became Worcester City Manager at midnight Sunday, will be publicly sworn in at 6 pm before the City Council meeting.
New Councilors Beginning their first terms on Council at Tuesday’s meeting are
- Gary Rosen, District 5
- Moe Bergman, At Large
- Michael Gaffney, At Large
The first meeting of the year for the Worcester City Council is tomorrow night. As it is a new term, the Councilors will start the meeting by drawing for their seats, approving their rules, and voting to publish their rules.
On the agenda:
- a request from a member of the public that commercial property owners get a tax deduction if they clear their own snow.
- $1.4 million coming in from the EPA for brownfield clean ups
- changes to CitySquare, including use of Parcel F for public open space (until it is built) and a change in the fee structure for the third permit fee of $1 million
- as already mentioned by Nicole, the DPW is suggesting a dog park for Green Hill Park. If this is something you’re interested in, you’ll want to come and testify or get in touch with your councilors.
- new councilors filing orders: Rosen brings up PILOT again; all three new councilors on Tatnuck Square; Gaffney on other post employment benefits (OPEB); Bergman looking for more credit card parking meters, market rate housing downtown, and he joins Palmieri and Rivera on items on graffiti
- Lukes is asking for clarification on the Open Meeting Law specifically on councilors communicating with each other and councilors spending time together socially.
- Rivera and Palmieri also have the first of the annual shoveling items.