Reposted from Tracy’s blog.
The Worcester School Committee has a regularly scheduled meeting this Thursday, October 2, at 7 pm. You can find the agenda here.
In addition to our regular approval of the public session minutes of the previous meeting, you’ll see we’re approving (and releasing) the minutes of six executive sessions. In each case, the reason for it being an executive session has expired. Kudos to Dr. Friel to getting these out! Score one for open government!
- We’re recognizing the donations from two groups who have helped to start our students’ school year off well: Cradles to Crayons and Reliant Medical Group.
- We also have a new section, giving our student representative a chance to speak.
- The report of the Superintendent is on the Family and Community Academy.
- Colleen O’Brien has retired and we have several new appointments.
- We’ll be hearing from Jen Carey on Friday’s “Worcester: the City That Reads” event (more on that to come!)
- Mr. O’Connell is bringing in a document on travel abroad for consideration.
- He’s also concerned about gym floors, Constitution Day, and AP Mandarin Chinese.
- We are being asked to accept a donation for the special education department in memory of Paul Piuze, who was a special ed bus monitor. His family asked that donations in his memory be made to the special ed department.
- We have several requests for recognitions.
- Miss Biancheria would like the job description for the position of principal of Worcester Technical High School.
- She’d also like a report on raising MCAS scores and a description of college nights at high schools.
- We’ll also at 6, be having an executive session for an update on our negotiations with nurses.