The Worcester City Council meets Tuesday at 4pm. The agenda is here. This week: budget, some small stuff. (Errata: a few weeks back I wrote that the budget would not be on the agenda soon; this was wrong.)
- Gun Range: There’s an item from Claudia Russo and 11 others opposing a new gun store and range at 170 Prescott St.
- Budget: For the next few weeks the Council will be reviewing the municipal budget. This week: Police Department, Fire Department, Health and Human Services, Public Health, Elder Affairs, City Manager’s Office, Contingency, Human Resources, Worker’s Comp/IOD, Unemployment Compensation, Health Insurance.
- More Food Trucks?: Last week’s food truck item was tabled; it should be back this week.
- Boards and Commissions: Lawrence Sullivan is now on the Parks Commission; Francesca Abbey and Robert Bilotta are now on the Commission on Disabilities.
- Discussing Race: The City and the US Justice Department’s Community Relations Service are planning a discussion series on race in the city. The series begins Monday, May 18, 6-8pm at the downtown YWCA.