The Worcester City Council meets Tuesday at 7pm. The agenda is here. This week: police, tasers, pensions, hot dog carts.
- Executive Session: The Council will close the meeting for awhile “for the purpose of discussing strategy with respect to collective bargaining.”
- Retiree Pensions and Other Benefits: Councilors Rushton and Economou have some items asking for reports regarding these.
- Tasers: Councilor Toomey has an item asking for the WPD to get tasers for all officers.
- Food Trucks: Councilors Rushton, Rivera, and Rosen have an item asking for a report on food truck regulations, with the intention of the Economic Development Committee revisiting this issue. Back in 2008 the City Council voted for new restrictions on food carts in the city, and their number went way down.
- More Police: The Council’s Public Safety Committee recommends that the full Council vote “in favor of hiring a police class of at least 20 for Fiscal Year 2016.”