The Worcester City Council meets Tuesday at 6:30pm. The agenda is here.
This week: A very brief agenda.
If you know of anyone else who’d like to get our weekly preview via email, the link is here.
- Private and Public Streets: Nick Smith has a petition for the city to remove the private Warmland St from the Official Map, presumably because he wants to do some construction.
- City Hall to Go: Councilor Rosen has an item asking the Manager to look into having a van drive around neighborhoods where people could do municipal paperwork if they can’t get downtown or go online, modelled after an effort in Boston.
- Gentrification: Councilor Rivera has an item asking the Manager if the city has a person people should contact if they are at risk of being displaced by gentrification.
- Changing the Details of Council Service: Councilor Bergman has an item asking the City Solicitor what the Council would have to do to revise things like the length of City Council Terms, meeting attendance requirements, etc.
- Abby Kelley Foster Memorial?: Mayor Petty has an item asking the Manager to cooperate with city groups working to establish a memorial to the legendary abolitionist, feminist, and Worcesterite radical Abby Kelley Foster (1811-1887).