The Worcester City Council meets Tuesday at 7pm. The agenda is here.
This week: A very short agenda. If you know of anyone else who’d like to get our weekly preview via email, the link is here.
- Boards and Commissions: The Council will be voting to fill the vacant spot on the Library Board.
- Public and Private Streets: Kevin Bushe says that part of the private street Gould Hill Road (blue in the image below) has been inaccessibe for at least 40 years, and he’d like the city to remove it from the official street listing.
- Crosswalk Stings: Gareld Emerson requests crosswalk stings at the various crossings of Belmont Street. He also requests “investigation of the traffic lights and crosswalk signals” at the intersection of Major Taylor and MLK Boulevards, right by the DCU Center.
- Sealcoating the Streets: Councilor Rosen would like a report on applying sealcoat to our streets. Wikipedia is skeptical of this technology.
- Middle School Youth Sports: Councilor King has an item asking the Manager to work with the School Superintendant to reestablish the old Middle School Youth Sports program. (Just a note for newcomers: the Worcester Public Schools are not controlled by the Council or the Manager, but rather the School Committee and the Superintendant.)
- A Bunch of Tax Stuff: There are many items on property tax rates and requests for information on how much tax money we could be getting if we taxed organizations we can’t tax.